Terms and conditions
THE ENGLISH CABINET COMPANY
www.theenglishcabinetcompany.co.uk is operated by J T Ellis & Co – our registered office is J T Ellis & Co Ltd, Silver Street, Huddersfield, HD5 9BA. Telephone: 01484 415570.
Terms and conditions apply to the use of this website. These terms and conditions apply to each purchase and may update and any changes will be published on our website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use or access this website.
Please ensure that you have entered all your details correctly and you have checked the room dimensions and ensured that there is appropriate access to deliver the product to your chosen room. Returned orders due to lack of access may be subject to a delivery charge. Some product (e.g. Beds and Wardrobes) require assembly on site. We offer an assembly service on site by our team, this additional service may be booked online when ordering at an additional cost.
All products are manufactured to order in our factories in Yorkshire. We aim to manufacture and deliver your product within 4-5 weeks within the UK.
Please note that colours may vary slightly according to the batch of paint used and touch up paints will be supplied with each order, to ensure colour match. We cannot guarantee to colour match further paint batches and customers must be responsible for storing touch up paints in a cool dark area. Please note that colours can vary slightly with monitors and display settings. True colour samples are available to order and we advise that customers order a sample of their chosen colour as a true representative of the end product. We cannot accept returns for colour batch differences. Painted product is susceptible to cracking along joints due to the nature of the timber.
The English Cabinet Company is dedicated to delivering our product to you with a White Glove Service. We will contact you with an estimated delivery date to book in the delivery. We will contact you with a confirmation date and a 3 hour delivery slot. The delivery team will contact you the day before the delivery to give you a precise time. Any changes to delivery date and time by the customer may result in a delay in delivery.
Small orders will be delivered by Royal Mail.
We are passionate about quality, and care about our manufacturing base and our customers. Our products are built to last. All products manufactured by The English Cabinet Company are guaranteed to remain free from material or manufacturing defect for a period of five years from the date of delivery.
This guarantee does not apply to lighting and chairs within the product range. This guarantee does not apply to any damage to or defect in the goods arising from:
(a) fair wear and tear
(b) any misuse, wilful damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accident or negligence by you or by any third party
(c) damage caused by fire, flood, or any other abnormal environmental cause, smoke, damp or high temperatures
(d) failure to operate the goods in accordance with the user instructions
(e) failure to carry out adequate care and maintenance in accordance with our instructions
(f) any alteration or repair by you or by a third party who is not authorised by The English Cabinet Company to carry out the repair
(g) any incorrect specification provided by you
(h) faulty workmanship of anyone other than someone authorised by The English Cabinet Company
(i) accidental damage normally covered under buildings or contents insurance
(j) use of the Goods other than for domestic purposes.
In the event of a product discontinuation, the English Cabinet Company reserves the right to offer a suitable alternative or part. This guarantee applies only to the original customer and cannot be transferred to any other party. We will at our discretion, repair or if necessary supply replacements at it’s own cost of all goods which are or become faulty due to the defects in the design, materials or workmanship during the period of this guarantee.
We will not be liable to you for any indirect losses, including loss of revenue or profits or any other losses that are not reasonably foreseeable at the time of your order is placed. These terms do not limit our liability to you for death, personal injury or fraud.
These terms do not affect you statutory rights.
The English Cabinet Company - Deck chair competition rules
- The promoter is: JT. Ellis & Co. Ltd company no. 00075269 whose registered office is at Silver Street, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD5 9BA.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of the promoter and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 01 September 2017. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
- Entry to the competition will be via an Instagram posting of a photo of the entrant or their friend / family member featuring The English Cabinet Company deck chair. The instagram post must include the hashtag: #theenglishcabinetco.
- Each week until the closing date, a single winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries submitted that week.
The prize is as follows:
A £100.00 off voucher code for use on the english cabinet company website (http://theenglishcabinetcompany.co.uk). The voucher is applicable to furniture orders containing items from The Old Manor collection. Orders containing solely glass protectors are not eligible. The minimum order value must be £190.00.
- The voucher will be single use only and must be redeemed on The English Cabinet Company website. No cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by the promoter and or its agents.
- The promoter will judge the competition and decide on the winner each week, which will be picked at random from all complete entries via Instagram.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The promoter and not to any other party.
- The promoter also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.